Soft29.com : Internet : File Sharing
OutDisk - email attachment FTP for Windows
OutDisk FTP for Outlook, Large Email File Manager for Outlook and Outlook Express.
OutDisk for Email makes it easy to for email users to share big files in their email messages. Works with any email program, even web-based email.
OutDisk installs quickly and easily, and works with your FTP account. Just drag a file to the OutDisk icon on your desktop, and Outlook will upload your file and give you a link to share in the email message. Each email has its own directory for added security.
OutDisk features landing pages that will notify the recipient if a large file is still in the process of being uploaded. After upload, the landing page can display your logo, and the recipient clients on the files to download them. OutDisk's landing pages are written in PHP, so you can customize them if you want.
OutDisk for Email is often deployed in a corporate environment for multiple users. It's a great solution for the IT department to offer to the marketing people, or anyone else who needs to send large files using email as a context. It's also the right solution for non-technical users who don't understand how to use FTP.
OutDisk supports multiple users on a single FTP account, keeping userfiles separated. A very simple file manager is available to allow users to remove old files, or download files from the remote disk. A "Queue" shows the status of uploading files.
OutDisk for Email lets users easily apply zip compression (including self-extracting archives). For security, users can apply strong 256-bit Winzip-compatible AES encryption (compatible with Winzip 9 or later) to their documents. OutDisk also supports SFTP connections, and https downloading.
Download a free trial of OutDisk today. OutDisk is fully supported. Contact support at encryptomatic.com with any questions you have.
For corporate users: Site licenses, server hosting, and on-site training or customization is also available. Can be set to work with your company's FTP servers. Connection settings can be locked, so the user can't change it or access the passwords Ask about our PHP script which can be run as a chron job or scheduled task to remove aging files.
OutDisk is also available as an OutDisk add-in. This version, however, is standalone and will work with any email program.
- Allows IT Managers to provide a simple non-technical solution to their users who need to share large file attachments through email. No knowledge of FTP required
- Supports SFTP upload for security
- FTP account settings can be "locked" to keep users from altering the configuration
- Customizable recipient "Landing Pages" notify the receiver if a file is being uploaded, and can force the download to save to disk (for exaple, PDF files will not display in IE)
- Using our PHP script, files can be deleted automatically after a specified number of days. Just run it as a scheduled task or a chron job
- Multiple users can share a single FTP account without co-mingling files
- Each email has its own unique file subdirectory, increasing security
- For organizations with compliance procedures, OutDisk provides control over the distribution of email attachments
- Users save Time and Aggravation: no manual uploading, complex FTP commands, or cutting and pasting http links
- Avoids problems caused by Outlook's file type restrictions
- Avoid ISP restrictions on file type and size
- Large files will not overload the recipient's inbox, causing email to bounce
- Does not require any special files be included in the email or special software installed at the recipient's computer
- Saves space in your Outlook .pst sent items folder and your Microsoft Exchange mailbox
- Optionally secure your attachments with Winzip compatible 128-bit strong AES encryption
- Optionally compress your attachment(s) into a single smaller zip file
- Create a self extracting zip file
- Sender can use their own web host and domain: no third party intermediary stores your files
- Gives you control over where and how long your files are stored