Soft29.com : Disk Tools :
Partition Table Doctor
Automatically checks and repairs the Master Boot Record, partition table, and the boot sector.
Partition Table Doctor is the only real software for hard disk partitions recovery when you experience a drive error (other than hardware failure) this versatile tool automatically checks and repairs the Master Boot Record, partition table, and the boot sector of the partition with an error, to recover the FAT16/FAT32/NTFS/NTFS5/EXT2/EXT3/SWAP partition on IDE/ATA/SATA/SCSI hard disk drives. It can create an emergency floppy disk or a bootable CD to recover the bad partition even if your operating system fails to boot. Partition Table Doctor manager for MS-DOS, Freedos, Windows 95/98/Me, Windows NT 4.0, Windows 2000,Windows XP and Windows 2003.
It provides very useful functions: Backup partition table, Restore partition table, Rebuild partition table, Fixboot.
So much as, it permits you to configure every parameter of the partition table. In addition, Partition Table Doctor provides some other useful functions: active partition, hide partition, surface test, rebuild MBR (Master Boot Record), unlock hard disk, edit sectors, copy sectors , undo changes and so on.
- Recover Deleted Partitions (FAT16/FAT32/NTFS/NTFS5/EXT2/EXT3/SWAP)
- Restore Deleted FAT and NTFS Logical Drives
- Fix Boot Sector of Partition
- Backup MBR (Master Boot Record), Partition Table, Boot Sectors
- Restore MBR, Partition Table and Boot Sectors from backup if damaged
- Support IDE / ATA / SATA / SCSI drives
- New user interface -- Graphics User Interface makes Partition Table Doctor easier to navigate.
- You can preview boot files and boot directories of each partition in main window. (At present, only support FAT12, FAT16, FAT32 and NTFS).
- You can preview the boot files and boot directories of found partition in Interactive mode of Rebuild Partition Table function.
- You can browse the root of the partition before it is fixed by Fixboot function.
- You can preview proportional partition of the backup files that will be recovered in Restore Partition Table function before you restore the file to disk.
- DOS version and WINDOWS version cancel the function of Unlock harddisk.
- The restriction of only backup the sector to removable facilities is canceled.
- When the Surface Test checks out up to 10000 corrupted sectors, it will stop testing in order to prevent disk from destroy.
- We change some messages of Undo changes. In the Operating Date, we omitted the millisecond of Operating Date and delete the 'Filename' line.
- In Rebuild Partition Table function, there is a warning that the partition of original disk will be lost. You can decide if continue or not.
- The shortcut key of 'Backup Partition Table' has been changed from 'F1' to 'Shift+F1', and the shortcut key of 'Help' has been changed from 'Shift+F1' to 'F1'.
- Partition cutline bar has been added for identifying the file system by different colors.
- More creative and convenient Toolbar.
- Fix some bugs.
- Large disk support -- Supports large disk up to 250 GB.
- Undo Changes -- On Windows, Partition Table Doctor provides you the option of Undo Changes.
- Easy-to-use partition recovery wizard -- you need only answer one single clear question on each page.
- Detailed help document.
- Reports complete Physical and Logical Drive information.