How to Backup Blu-ray Movies
Blu-Ray Copy Helper is a plug-in that can help to backup Blu-ray movies. It has no GUI interface. With this HD DVD/Blu-Ray copy help, a general DVD Cloner application can backup HD and Blu-ray movies to your hard drive.
What can Blu-ray Copy Helper do?
- Back up Blu-Ray disks or HD DVDs to your hard drive.
- Play your favorite Blu-ray discs and HD DVDs on your PC.
- Experience true High Definition video with brilliant images in Full HD (1080p).
- Remove encryption (AACS) from HD-DVDs.
- Watch movies over digital display connection, without HDCP compliant graphics card and HDCP compliant display.
- Playback of discs on the PC with PowerDVD or Win DVD,which otherwise do not run.
- Remove user prohibitions, you can select the language and subtitle track without going through the disc's menu.
- Remove parental restrictions.
- Include a UDF 2.5 file ripper, no need to install 3rd party UDF 2.5 file system under Windows XP.
Step-by-Step guide to backup movie from Blu-ray to Blu-ray
Step 1: Start the DVD Cloner and insert a Blu-Ray disk or HD DVD into the drive. Blu-Ray/HD DVD Copy Helper will begin loading and its icon will appear in the task bar.
Step 2: Click the "Start" button on the DVD copy software and it will begin to copy. Blu-Ray/HD DVD Copy Helper starts to calculate the key.
Note: Please make sure you have installed PowerDVD 7.3 or WinDVD 8.0 or their later versions. This process may take several seconds to about ten minutes. Click "setup" to specify the path of PowerDVD or WinDVD.
If calculating disc key fails, you may change the hummer sleep time value:
XBOX 360 drive + PowerDVD: set the value to around 1000ms.
Blu-Ray fixed driver + PowerDVD: set the value to around 600ms.
If you don't know which value to set, you can use the default settings. The program will set a correct value automatically.
If calculating key successes, it will begin to copy data.
Copying a HD DVD movie takes about 40 minutes.
Copying a Blu-ray movie takes about one hour.
The backup finishes successfully. Now you can watch the backup movie with PowerDVD or WinDVD as you like!
1. Advanced Setup
Start the DVD copy software and insert the HD or Blu-Ray DVD into the drive. Blu-Ray/HD DVD Copy Helper will begin loading automatically and its icon will appear in the task bar.
Click its icon in the taskbar to open the "About" window.
Read IO: The connection used to read data, ASPI or SPTI.
Software player loca: To find the location of PowerDVD or WinDVD.
Crack time: The time used to calculate key. If you don't know what the proper value is, please keep the default settings. The program will set a correct value automatically.
2. Check Upgrade
Open the "About" window and click "CHECK UPDATE".
System Requirements :
- Windows 2000/XP/VISTA
- NTFS supported
- A Blu-Ray or HD DVD disk drive
- A Blu-Ray or HD DVD media player (like PowerDVD, WinDVD)
- 50GB or more free disk space for Blu-Ray copying
- 30GB or more free disk space for HDDVD copying
How to Install HD DVD/Blu-Ray Copy Helper :
Before the installation, please make sure that you are logged on as Administrator or have Administrative rights. The installation will be finished in a few seconds.
How Blu-Ray/HD DVD Copy Helper works :
Blu-Ray/HD DVD Copy Helper can obtain the crucial key to decode AACS via a DVD software player. When you run the software player, it will find the key automatically and decode disc data with this key. Presently it supports for AACS, MKBv3 and later versions of encrypted Blu-Ray and HD DVD movies.